Join us on a fantastic snorkel and beach tour to Culebra and the Cayo Luis Peña Nature Reserve.
- Adults Ages 13+
- Children Ages 5 - 12
Fajardo Bio Bay Kayak Tour
One of the most spectacular sights on a night trip in Caribbean waters is to witness hundreds of tiny star-like bioluminescent plankton scintillating like the starry sky as you move through the dark water. Wave your paddle through the water in front of you, and be mesmerized by the tiny glowing specs of dinoflagellates, tiny unicellular marine plankton also known as fire plants.
Fajardo’s bioluminescent bay is one of the few scattered around Puerto Rico and one of the last that remains on the planet. Experience this rare phenomenon of nature as you glide through the tranquil Laguna Grande, surrounded by mangroves and teeming with sea life above and below the still water.
- Sunset session: 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Evening session: 7:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Summer check-in time:
- Sunset sessions: 6:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Evening session 7:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Days of operation: Monday – Saturday
- Transportation is $35 per person round trip from most locations in Metro San Juan and hotels and guesthouses on Puerto Rico’s northeast coast (Rio Grande, Rio Mar, Luquillo, and Fajardo) and Palmas del Mar in Humacao. See pick-up and drop-off times here.
- If your party is less than six people, call us for other options.